Engineering is in our DNA. Since 1993, we’ve helped the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software that changes the world. Today, we are more than developers. We are the experts that will take your business to the next level.
Join a growing publicly-traded billion dollar software development company with a client list that includes Google, Disney, Coca Cola, NBC, and many more big names.
- 50/50 Work-From-Home (Telecommute / Remote) + Paid-Travel (USA)
- Bonuses: 15%-25%
- Rapid Career Growth Tracks
- Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care
- Commuter Parking and Transit Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental & Vision Plan
- Pet Insurance
- American Heritage Credit Union
- AT&T Corporate Discount Program
- Corporate Travel Department
Experience the bleeding edge of technology and product development. The digital side is blazing the trail for customer experience. Enjoy the innovation center, dedicated to exploring and generating creative ideas for improving products and services. Technology is at the forefront and continues to push the boundaries as we dive into Internet of Things connectivity and other next generation architecture.
As a growing company, no one sits on the bench for long. And even during the “bench” time – there are several programs to enhance your skills in areas where you may need it or want to get involved. When you are on the “bench”, it’s an opportunity to strengthen the competency center, support other teams, and build your skill set.
“Good life-work balance, plenty of projects, diverse multicultural environment, informal productive atmosphere, reasonable management, colleagues are top notch professionals.”
“401k match up to 2% per year. Medical and dental insurance. Relocation bonuses and 10k interest free loan for 1 year.”
“Clients include a lot of large well-known companies and in some cases this implies interesting projects. The majority of employees are smart and easy going people. Low competition in middle management, chances of rapid career development up to Director level. The C-level execs know what they are doing. They grew up one of the biggest and most profitable businesses. The business model is very profitable.”
The Big Data Solution Architect will be responsible for pre-sales, architecture analysis, design, and client management.
- Development of proposals for implementation and design of scalable big data architecture
- Participation in customer’s workshops and presentation of the proposed solution
- Design, implement, and deploy high-performance, custom applications at scale on Hadoop
- Define and develop network infrastructure solutions to enable partners and clients to scale NoSQL and relational database architecture for growing demands and traffic
- Define common business and development processes, platform and tools usage for data acquisition, storage, transformation, and analysis
- Develop roadmaps and implementation strategy around data science initiatives including recommendation engines, predictive modeling, and machine learning
- Review and audit of existing solution, design and system architecture
- Perform profiling, troubleshooting of existing solutions
- Create technical documentation
Successful applicants will have consulting experience as a Big Data Solution Architect at consulting companies such as Deloitte, Accenture, KPMG, Razorfish, etc. along with a background in Software Engineering/Architecture; along with a Java/.NET/Scripting background and has experience setting up Hadoop ecosystems from scratch with various distributions – Cloudera and Hortonworks.
- Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, or R
- Experience with major big data technologies and frameworks including, but not limited to, Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Oozie, Mahout, Flume, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, and Cassandra
- Experience with big data solutions developed in large cloud computing infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services, Elastic MapReduce or Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience in client-driven large-scale implementation projects
- Data Science and Analytics experience is a plus (Machine Learning, Recommendation Engines, Search Personalization)
- Technical team leading and team management experience, deep understanding of Agile (Scrum), RUP programming process
- Strong experience in applications design, development and maintenance
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and refactoring concepts
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis
- Solid technical expertise & troubleshooting skills
- Possess expertise in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% – national/international (Europe)
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If there’s a match, Brad will be in contact with you to coordinate a phone interview. Thank you.
- Round 1 = Phone Interview with Brad Kielinski (15-minutes)
- Round 2 = Phone Interview with Hiring Team (30-minutes)
- Round 3 = Phone/Video Interview with Technical Team (30-45 minutes)
- Round 4 = Decision
Brought To You By: IT PROS
Why IT Pros? Gain an inside track on what the employer wants. Receive insightful feedback. Get help negotiating offers. Land your dream job!
To apply for this job please visit www.smartrecruiters.com.