Syapse makes precision medicine a routine part of cancer care.
You have so many choices of places to work in the big data world, but what options could allow you to be part of a team helping to cure cancer, stop heart disease, and deliver the right drugs to the right people at the right time with the right software?
Join a team in building software to significantly improve outcomes for people with cancer, cardiovascular, pediatric, and other life-threatening conditions. Be proud to know that your work has helped to improve patients’ health.
What We Do?
How Do We Do It?
The software helps healthcare providers use next-generation genomic and molecular data, in context with complex clinical data (medical history, treatment, outcomes, cost, etc.) spread across multiple systems, to make the best decisions regarding patient care.
The team of experts including physicians, biologists, software engineers, and others at the top of their game building a complex, powerful system in a challenging and collaborative environment. The team members come from top schools including Stanford, Cal, UC Davis, Yale, UCLA, and UC Santa Cruz, and from influential companies such as Google, 23andMe, and Genentech.
Benefits & Perks?
- Competitive Base Pay
- 100% Employer-Paid Benefits
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Emerging Startup Environment & Culture (25 employees)
- High-Growth Startup – Tripling in size over the next 18 months (94 employees now)
The Python Developer will face a number of unusual challenges, due to working at the intersection of semantic data, scalable genomic data, pure SaaS, and medical applications. You will be working on a number of projects ranging from building and scaling our semantic data platform to developing our data integration and workflow layer, to building and optimizing our secure APIs.
Successful applicants will have track records of over-performing (i.e. promotions for employees of large companies, prior employment in strong engineering organizations, very strong grades for recent grads), worked at top companies and graduated from top schools, teamwork and technical skills are critical.
Candidates with track records that demonstrate passion, a high degree of integrity, and leadership will more likely proceed to a phone screen. We seek teammates to write code, rather than architect or manage, who have shipped an actual product that was used in the marketplace. Will not consider candidates who are serial contractors. Candidates are responsible for their own relocation costs, but we will help coordinate a move. Job hoppers (consistently moving jobs every 1-2 years) need not apply.
- Experience building server software.
- Knowledge of Python is required. Exceptionally strong candidates who do not yet know Python but have a strong desire to learn will be considered.
- Knowledge of Django is a big plus.
- Although our primary language is Python, strong knowledge of Java and/or C++ is very helpful.
- Knowledge of standard web application issues such as security, performance, caching, HTTP protocol, and web server configuration is a plus.
- Understanding of concurrency issues is important.
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL, transactions, and query optimization is a big plus.
- Knowledge of some NoSQL and graph databases is a plus.
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If there’s a match, Brad or Andra will be in contact to coordinate a phone interview. Thank you.
- Round 1 = Phone Interview with Brad or Andra (15 minutes)
- Round 2 = Phone Interview with Team Members (30-minutes)
- Round 3 = In-Person Interview with Team Members (3-hours)
- Round 4 = Decision
Brought To You By: IT PROS
Why IT Pros? Gain an inside track on what the employer wants. Receive insightful feedback. Get help negotiating offers. Land your dream job!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/smartrecruiters83/91936545-python-developer-90k-180k-equity-employer-paid-benefits-help-cure-cancer- →