Syapse makes precision medicine a routine part of cancer care.
You have so many choices of places to work in the big data world, but what options could allow you to be part of a team helping to cure cancer, stop heart disease, and deliver the right drugs to the right people at the right time with the right software?
Join a team in building software to significantly improve outcomes for people with cancer, cardiovascular, pediatric, and other life-threatening conditions. Be proud to know that your work has helped to improve patients’ health.
What We Do?
How Do We Do It?
The software helps healthcare providers use next-generation genomic and molecular data, in context with complex clinical data (medical history, treatment, outcomes, cost, etc.) spread across multiple systems, to make the best decisions regarding patient care.
The team of experts including physicians, biologists, software engineers, and others at the top of their game building a complex, powerful system in a challenging and collaborative environment. The team members come from top schools including Stanford, Cal, UC Davis, Yale, UCLA, and UC Santa Cruz, and from influential companies such as Google, 23andMe, and Genentech.
Benefits & Perks?
- Competitive Base Pay
- 100% Employer-Paid Benefits
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Emerging Startup Environment & Culture (25 employees)
- High-Growth Startup – Tripling in size over the next 18 months
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer who can provide technical expertise for deployments to our growing customer base. You will be responsible for configuring the applications, building workflows, integrating 3rd party databases and tools, writing scripts for data migration, and providing technical support to our users.
You will be our eyes and ears with customers, helping understand and translate requirements into both implementation needs and feature descriptions for the product team. You excel at both coding and interpersonal communications.
Successful applicants will have track records of over-performing (i.e. promotions for employees of large companies, prior employment in strong engineering organizations, very strong grades for recent grads), worked at top companies and graduated from top schools, teamwork and technical skills are critical.
Candidates with track records that demonstrate passion, a high degree of integrity, and leadership will more likely proceed to a phone screen. We seek teammates to write code, rather than architect or manage, who have shipped an actual product that was used in the marketplace. Will not consider candidates who are serial contractors. Candidates are responsible for their own relocation costs, but we will help coordinate a move. Job hoppers (consistently moving jobs every 1-2 years) need not apply.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-4 years of software development experience
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Experience using webservice APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with information management and data flows
- Experience building integrations to 3rd party systems
- Experience working with customers
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in genetics or biology (SNPs and CNVs are more than TLAs to you!)
- Experience working in a hospital or biotech company
- Experience with next-generation sequencing
- Experience with EMRs (Epic, Cerner, AllScripts)
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If there’s a match, Brad or Moira will be in contact to coordinate a phone interview. Thank you.
- Round 1 = Phone Interview with Brad or Moira (15 minutes)
- Round 2 = Phone Interview with Team Members (30-minutes)
- Round 3 = Video Interview with Team Members (60-90 minutes)
- Round 4 = Decision
Brought To You By: IT PROS
Why IT Pros? Gain an inside track on what the employer wants. Receive insightful feedback. Get help negotiating offers. Land your dream job!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/smartrecruiters83/86110811-software-engineer-90k-140k-equity-employer-paid-benefits- →