Join a local 25-person Philadelphia-based Risk Management Computer Software Company with over 3000 users, based on machine learning and AI as their Philadelphia-based Data Science Engineering Manager.
- 60% In-Office Philadelphia
- 40% Philadelphia-based Remote
- Must be local to the Philadelphia region
- $200,000 to $220,000
- Bonus (Executive discretion)
- Stock Options (Executive discretion)
- Pioneer of Risk Detection
- Industries of Gas & Oil, Chemicals, Energy, and Manufacturing
- 50+ Plants and 3000+ Users
- Healthcare Benefits:
- -Eligibility to enroll in a group healthcare plan. Company offers the IBC PPO Silver, PPO Gold and HMO Gold Proactive plans and contributes 50% of the employee’s healthcare premium of the non-smoker rate of the PPO Silver plan.
- Retirement Benefits:
- – Eligibility to enroll in a 401(k), after 4 mos. of employment. The Company will also match 25% of the first 4% of the employee plan contributions, on a 3-year cliff vesting schedule.
- Paid Time Off:
- – Employees may take a reasonable amount of paid time off, as permitted by their duties and responsibilities, and as approved in advance by the person designated by the Company.
The Data Science Engineering Manager will be responsible for developing the flagship software and managing a group of developers to further improvement of existing data analytics and machine-learning models, which are implemented in Python using the Scipy/Numpy/Pandas stack, and the development of a new flagship product.
- Enhancement of the existing processing pipeline. Written using Python, the pipeline executes the analytics in a parallelized and distributed fashion, and you will assist in refining that pipeline as new features and products are developed.
- In providing software engineering leadership, you will be interacting closely with the Founders and will be mentoring developers, and driving technical strategy.
Successful Data Science Engineering Manager will have 10-15 years of experience in data science and data engineering, must be local to the Philadelphia region, and be open to working in-office 2-3 days per week.
- Demonstrated Numpy and Pandas experience
- Model prototyping, validation, and performance testing
- Take analytics models from prototype stage to deployment with scale and performance in mind
- Experience in data science and data engineering
- Ability to comfortably manage version control using Git
- Experience with distributed systems design and architecture
- Jupyter Notebook prototyping
- General understanding of both NoSQL and relational databases and the ability to programmatically interface with them (Mongo, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy)
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, automated testing strategies, and continuous integration (e.g. travis, unittest, nosetest)
- Experience with interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Experience in software engineering and managing full-stack engineers
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If selected, you will be invited to schedule a 15-minute discussion to review your application to determine mutual interest. You will be notified if you have not been accepted. Thank you for your interest and good luck with your search.
- Round 1 = Phone Interview w/ IT Pros (15-minutes)
- Round 2 = Video Interview w/ Co-Founder & CTO (30-minutes)
- Round 3 = Video Interview w/ Engineering Team (45-minutes)
- Round 4 = In-Person Interview w/ Co-Founder & CEO (45-minutes)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org