Join a local 25-person Philadelphia-based Risk Management Computer Software Company with over 3000 users, based on machine learning and AI as their Data Scientist.
- Pioneer of Risk Detection
- Industries of Gas & Oil, Chemicals, Energy and Manufacturing
- 50+ Plants and 3000+ Users
Benefits & Perks:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday in-office Tuesday/Thursday remote work
- Competitive base salary with an excellent compensation program
- Flexible office environment in a central location (Center City, Philadelphia)
- 401(k); 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Important Note: You must be authorized to work in the USA without any work restrictions, now and in the future, to be considered.
Job Description – Data Scientist
The Data Scientist will further develop and scale our unique web-based data analytics platform. We provide powerful analytics software, based on machine learning and AI, to the chemical and energy industry – to improve reliability and minimize failure and losses. Within our engineering team, your voice will be a valuable asset to product development. You will be in a unique position to define/undertake the technical needs of the software and help shape the future of its technology. You will enjoy
an intellectually creative atmosphere as you work with an experienced and enthusiastic team that strives continuously to build and deliver a robust, reliable software system.
- One of the main responsibilities of this role is the development of a new flagship product in Python using the Scipy/Numpy/Pandas stack.
- Further, you will be responsible for leading our efforts in the improvement of existing data analytics and machine-learning models (implemented in Python using the Scipy/Numpy/Pandas stack).
- Aside from analytics, another important aspect of the role involves the enhancement of the existing processing pipeline, which executes the analytics in a parallelized and distributed fashion – you will assist in refining that pipeline on an ongoing basis as new features and products are developed.
Qualifications – Data Scientist
A successful Data Scientist will have experience in developing analytics models from prototype stage to deployment with scale and performance in mind.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, or related fields.
- Strong Python experience with demonstrated Numpy and Pandas knowledge.
- Strong experience in data science and data engineering, particularly Machine Learning.
- Ability to comfortably manage version control using Git.
- Experience with distributed systems design and architecture.
- Experience in Jupyter Notebook prototyping.
- General understanding of both NoSQL and relational databases and the ability to programmatically interface with them (Mongo, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy).
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, automated testing strategies, and continuous integration (e.g. travis, unittest, nosetest).
- Experience with interfacing with RESTful APIs.
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If there’s a match, a member of the IT Pros team will be in contact with you to coordinate a video interview. You must submit your application to be considered – please no phone calls or third parties = NO RPOs.
Vaccination for Covid-19 is required for this position.
- Round 1 = Video Interview w/ IT Pros (15-minutes)
- Round 2 = Video Call w/Co-Founder (30-minutes)
- Round 2 = Technical Screening (45-minutes)
- Round 3 = Video Interview w/ CEO (60-minutes)
Brought To You By IT Pros
Awards: Best IT Recruitment Agency – Philadelphia, US Business News | Best Technology Staffing Recruitment Agency – Philadelphia, by CV Magazine | Best Employment Agency – Philadelphia, by Philadelphia Award Program | Largest Business Networking Association – Philadelphia, by Philadelphia Business Journal | 100 Top Companies with Remote Jobs – USA, by FlexJobs.
To apply for this job please visit itprosphilly.com.