Join a 20-employee Amex charity-focused Tech startup as their DevOps Engineer.
- Base salary range from $130K up to $160K (based on experience) + Equity
- Pre-Series A
- $4M round w/ AMEX Capital
- Funding is good until the end of 2022
Benefits & Perks:
- 100% Work-from-Home (forever)
- 80% Employer-Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3-Weeks PTO (Flexible)
- Stock Options
Important Note: You must be authorized to work in the USA without any work restrictions, now and in the future, to be considered.
The DevOps Engineer will be directly responsible for meeting the needs of our customers, both internal and external, through efficient and functional software development.
- Help foster a DevOps culture that empowers engineers to share responsibility of infrastructure and operations via automation.
- Establish and employ Continuous Integration best practices using CI tools.
- Design and implement resilient solutions for build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Work collaboratively with developers to automate and accelerate the testing, release and deployment of applications into runtime quickly and reliably.
- Monitor system performance and identify ways to improve performance.
- Take high-level initiatives and break them down into workable tasks/stories.
- Make decisions that minimize operational overhead, and reduce long term maintenance costs.
- Collaborate with and across agile development teams to implement CI/CD pipelines, automation, containerization, and cloud native services for deployment.
- Engage with the product team and key department stakeholders to understand needs, priorities, and business requirements.
- Participate in root cause analysis, post mortems, and retrospectives to identify high leverage prevention and improvement opportunities.
Successful DevOps Engineers will have 7+ years overall software engineering and/or operations experience.
- 2-3 years of DevOps Engineering experience with excellent knowledge of deployment pipelines.
- 2-3+ years experience with cloud tools (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and dockerization (AWS certifications/experience preferred).
- Proven understanding of proper security controls including server hardening, user permissions, and security best practices.
- Experience with AWS and familiarity with their offerings including ECS, EKS, Fargate, Lambda, RDS, Route53, CloudFormation, SQS, Code tools, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining scripting automations such as Bash, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Experience with source control code repositories (Git).
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Serverless, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK/EFK.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (networking & load balancing solutions).
- Proficiency with PCI compliance protocols and security measures.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing.
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If there’s a match, a member of the IT Pros team will be in contact with you to coordinate a video interview. You must submit your application to be considered – please no phone calls or third parties = NO RPOs.
- Round 1 = Video Interview w/ Hiring Team (45-minutes)
- Round 2 = Final Video Interview w/ Hiring Team (3 hours)
Brought To You By IT Pros
Awards: Best IT Recruitment Agency – Philadelphia, US Business News | Best Technology Staffing Recruitment Agency – Philadelphia, by CV Magazine | Best Employment Agency – Philadelphia, by Philadelphia Award Program | Largest Business Networking Association – Philadelphia, by Philadelphia Business Journal | 100 Top Companies with Remote Jobs – USA, by FlexJobs.
To apply for this job please visit itprosphilly.com.