Join a 20-employee Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) charity-focused startup as their QA Automation Engineer.
Compensation: Up to $110K Mid-level / Up to $130K Senior
- Pre-Series A with funding through the end of 2022.
- Enable everyday givers to become true philanthropists.
- Support those individuals most impacted by natural disasters, pandemics, and other qualified events.
- Top-notch software development team.
Benefits & Perks:
- 80% Employer-Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3-Weeks PTO (Flexible)
- Equity plan
Important Note: You must be authorized to work in the USA without any work restrictions, now and in the future, to be considered.
QA Automation Engineer Job Description
The QA Automation Engineer will be directly involved in writing automated test suites to ensure outcomes meet expectations. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of our applications and designing automated tests to validate performance. You will manage and perform testing on front-end and back-end code using automated test tools with manual review when needed. In addition, you will assist with pipeline and deployment testing as well as monitoring and/or troubleshooting of deployments.
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to develop a QA testing strategy.
- Review and test any appropriate pull requests.
- Determine the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests as well as the type of tests (UI, API, functional/performance/load, etc).
- Work with cross-functional teams (Development, QA, DevOps) in test automation activities across the organization.
- Develop solutions and proposals based on best practices to help guide our automation development strategy and implementation into new technologies that would help maximize quality across the organization.
- Integrate with CI systems and support the creation and maintenance of test metrics.
- Follow Agile methodologies; be a proactive participant in the SDLC and engage in dialogue concerning any process or test scope changes that would benefit the team.
Successful QA Automation Engineers will have at least 3+ years of QA automation experience involving web applications and APIs.
- Experience with a variety of types of testing (Unit, Integration, E2E, API, Mobile, Performance, Load, Black Box, White Box).
- Advanced experience with an UI automation framework (Selenium, Cucumber, Cypress).
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Strong critical thinking skills, an analytical mind, and problem-solving attitude.
- Bonus – Experienced with AWS architecture; S3, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudWatch.
- Bonus – Experience with performance and/or security testing.
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If there’s a match, a member of the IT Pros team will be in contact with you to coordinate a video interview. You must submit your application to be considered – please no phone calls or third parties = NO RPOs.