Join over 40-employees who have dedicated their talents to a Software-as-a-Service fitness-focused startup located in Philadelphia as their Senior SQL Server DBA.
Compensation: $140K-$150K + ESOP
- Multiple Streams of Revenue
- Opportunities to Increase Streams of Revenue
- 4,000+ Customers in 80+ Countries
- $12M in Annual Recurring Revenue
- $5M in the Bank + No Debt
Benefits & Perks:
- 100% Work-from-Home
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans – 90% Medical Insurance for employees and dependents
- Free Teladoc
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + Company Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Fitness Reimbursements
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Brand New Modern Office fully stocked with coffee, snacks, and wine on tap
- Philanthropic Events and Activities throughout the year
- Plus More
Senior SQL Server DBA Job Description
The Senior SQL Server DBA will be responsible for installing and maintaining the performance of database servers.
- Create backups and apply patches as needed.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Deep analysis of Data structure.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Query optimization.
- Manage database access.
- Index architecture and management.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Managing the delivery of products and initiatives using Agile practices – balancing strategic and tactical needs.
- Organizing roadmaps, timelines, and review meetings for broad consumption.
- Supporting a culture of continuous learning through the establishment of consistent retros, post-mortems, and team health metrics.
- Develops a strong understanding of the context (across markets) of our business and internal tools to optimize for efficiency, productivity, and team morale.
- Must have high emotional EQ and be able to operate as an empathetic and compassionate leader, helping to set the tone for the Program Organization.
Successful SQL Server DBAs will have a strong command of MS SQL Server and MS SQL Server tools and experience in setting up and configuring MS SQL Server in clustered and non-clustered environments.
- Experience with SQL Disaster Recovery scenarios.
- Experience in AlwaysOn AV in AWS EC2 node
- Strong understanding and knowledge of MS SQL Server best practices
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Experience in setting up advanced monitoring with visual dashboards to ensure backup operations, commands and scripts are run and effective.
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- MS SQL Server and Microsoft Stack (Windows, Powershell, etc.)
- Bonus for MS SQL Server RDS config
- Bonus for experience running MS SQL Server on RedHat/CentOS/ Fedora
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If there’s a match, a member of the IT Pros team will be in contact with you to coordinate a video interview. You must submit your application to be considered – please no phone calls or third parties = NO RPOs.
- Round 1 = Phone/Video Interview w/ IT Pros (30-minutes)
- Round 2 = Video Interview w/ Hiring Team (45-minutes)
- Round 3 = Video Interview Interview w/ Leadership + Hiring Team (2-4-hours)
- Round 4 = References + Decision