Join a 5-person employee $2M Pre-Seed social eCommerce startup as their fully remote Team Lead React Native Engineer as a player/coach to 2 mid-level engineers and change the way Americans shop online!
Compensation: $180,000 to $200,000 + 1%-2% Equity
- Backed by some of the best investors, founders, and operators who have invested in or built at Popshop Live, DraftKings, Vine, HQ Trivia, King Digital, Tinder, TikTok, Instagram, and Snap.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, Vision & Dental Fully Covered
- Unlimited PTO + Wellness Days
- Paid Premium Tech Setup
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Unlimited professional growth potential
Important Note: You must be authorized to work in the USA without any work restrictions, now and in the future, to be considered.
Job Description – Team Lead React Native Engineer
The Team Lead React Native Engineer will build out, maintain, and iterate on our 2-sided e-commerce marketplace that connects shoppers to brands. Our shopper experience needs to be dynamic and engaging. Our brand experience needs to be easy to adopt and robust. Tying them together will be data pipelines and personalization.
- Collaborate with our CTO, product, and designers on product and engineering decisions. This will entail going beyond writing code and building an empathy for our users’ psychology to deliver engaging and useful experiences. And then implementing data driven product experimentation.
- Help make engineering decisions and weigh trade-offs – we are a start up and therefore have to learn quickly. While premature optimization is bad, so is always trading code quality and maintainability for speed. You will need to balance quality and velocity to both deliver quality products and minimize technical debt where appropriate.
- Build an organization – help hire and mentor our future engineering org. This role has a clear path to becoming a technical leader as our team grows.
Qualifications – Team Lead React Native Engineer
Successful Team Lead React Native Engineer must have 5+ years of team lead engineering experience with 10+ years of full-stack engineering experience in consumer-focused mobile applications, particularly in e-commerce or social.
- Understanding of modern web frontend component based architecture patterns and cloud applications.
- Familiarity with our tech stack: React Native, Node.js, Typescript, Firebase, GCP.
- Production experience with cloud services, CI / CD systems, unit testing and automated testing.
- Knowledge of or experience in planning, estimating, and working from user stories in an agile sprint-based team workflow.
- Bias for action and comfort with ambiguity – you will cooperate and contribute as a member of a high-velocity cross-functional team where your role can often shift. You will need to make fast decisions without supervision.
- Desire to grow – you will help define our product (not just its implementation, but its direction), our engineering practices, our people, and our culture.
- Hunger / ambition to build a unique and delightful experiences and do career defining work.
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If there’s a match, a member of the IT Pros team will be in contact with you to coordinate a video interview. You must submit your application to be considered – please no phone calls or third parties = NO RPOs.
- Round 1 = Screening call w/ IT Pros
- Round 2 = Zoom Video Interview w/ Hiring Team + CEO (2.5 hours)
- Round 3 = Decision w/ 3 References + Background Check
Brought To You By IT Pros
Awards: Best IT Recruitment Agency – Philadelphia, US Business News | Best Technology Staffing Recruitment Agency – Philadelphia, by CV Magazine | Best Employment Agency – Philadelphia, by Philadelphia Award Program | Largest Business Networking Association – Philadelphia, by Philadelphia Business Journal | 100 Top Companies with Remote Jobs – USA, by FlexJobs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com