Join a 120-employee 7-year old Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Healthcare startup as their VP of Data Operations.
- VP of Data Operations = $200K-$225K + Bonus
- Over 190 million covered lives
- Relied on by 70% of top US pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Trusted by more than 250 leading healthcare organizations
- $18.5M in Annual Revenue
- Funding: Series D $100M
Benefits & Perks:
- Extensive coverage for health, dental, and vision care
- Bonus based on personal performance
- Equity plan (after 1 year with a 4-year vest)
- 401(k) savings plan (no match), life insurance, and long-term disability
- 20 days PTO
- 8 paid holidays
- Company lunch every Friday
Important Note: You must be authorized to work in the USA without any work restrictions, now and in the future, to be considered.
Job Description – VP of Data Operations
The VP of Data Operations will concentrate our efforts on building/expanding process management to enable the seamless integration of even more novel data, ensuring that the company has a high-reliability, highly agile process in place to support future growth. The ideal candidate must be passionate about leading by being in the trenches, and will be experienced with relevant data management knowledge.
- Manage, develop and lead our data acquisition and operations teams.
- Direct our data provider engagement process for both requirements gathering and data on-boarding support.
- Design, develop, deploy, and manage a reliable and highly scalable data pipeline and automated ingestion and normalization process.
- Develop company standards in terms of nomenclature, storage, design, and deployments.
- Perform troubleshooting on all ETL processes and resolve issues effectively.
- Oversee development of relevant ETL or ELT scripts to move data from unstructured to a common data model.
- Build a QA Automation framework that provides real-time alerts on data ingestion, drop rate, data processing.
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency.
- Work closely with engineering and system operations teams to ensure clean hand-offs between organizations.
- Streamline the entire data ecosystem from end to end to ensure the most efficient, structured, standardized, privacy compliant processes possible.
Qualifications – VP of Data Operations
Successful VP of Data Operations will have a background growing and hardening a company’s data pipeline and data architecture. Recognized as an experienced leader with the ability to galvanize a team, this individual has experience in attracting, training, and managing top talent, and has implemented innovative and effective data management processes that led to significant data quality and throughput improvements. Possessing a hands-on, lead-from-the-front style as well as passion for success, the ideal candidate can quickly assimilate into their new surroundings, assess the team, capabilities and overall strategy, and immediately drive positive change.
- 10+ years of experience in database management and data warehousing.
- 10+ years of experience with ETL / ELT of healthcare data including EMR, claims, and pharmacy data.
- Experience using distributed computing for high performance manipulation of data at scale.
- Understanding of healthcare IT standards such as ANSI 837, NCPDP, HL7, and FHIR.
- Experience in building and managing a top-performing data operations team.
- Experience in managing people, processes and technology to drive efficiency and repeatability.
- Understands the needs and challenges of a mission-critical data environment.
Your application will be reviewed within 24-hours. If there’s a match, a member of the IT Pros team will be in contact with you to coordinate a video interview. You must submit your application to be considered – please no phone calls or third parties = NO RPOs.
- Phone screen
- Take-home coding assessment – Lasting no more than one hour
- Zoom interview
Brought To You By IT Pros
Awards: Best IT Recruitment Agency – Philadelphia, US Business News | Best Technology Staffing Recruitment Agency – Philadelphia, by CV Magazine | Best Employment Agency – Philadelphia, by Philadelphia Award Program | Largest Business Networking Association – Philadelphia, by Philadelphia Business Journal | 100 Top Companies with Remote Jobs – USA, by FlexJobs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org